Thursday, November 20, 2008

Golden Compass characters



So when I heard that we were going to read Dark Materials I was really excited. I had seen the movie and liked it. I thought they did a good job casting all the characters, I really enjoyed all of it as a whole. (Well I mean now I have some different feelings about it since I have read the book but that is besides the point). What is bothering me though is now when I am reading the book I can only picture the characters that the theater gave me. I keep trying to shake the images but I just cant. Its really becoming annoying.

For instance Mrs. Coulter is supposed to have dark hair. I mean come on Nicole Kidman something as minor as that should of been easy to give her. Maybe a wig or dye it. But yeah so now I picture Nicole Kidman in my head and not somebody that I got to create on my own. Boo.









I think they did do a good job with Iorek Byrnison though. I dont have a problem picturing him while reading the books!!!!



I LOVED the choice for Mr. Scoresby. But I think that I only love him because he played the part so well. I really wonder what he would of looked like in my mind if I had had the chance to imagine him on my own?????


Lord Asriel, well he is just incredibly good looking in this movie. Thanks Daniel Craig. I don't think I would of envisioned him as handsome as he now is when I read the books. He probably would of had some serious facial problem, like something along the line of perma wind burn and other arctic things like that. Maybe even a scar, I don't even know because once again Hollywood told me what he was gonna look like. Hm.


Lyra. I am sure if my imagination was given the opportunity to imagine Lyra something totally different would have sprung up. She wouldn't of been so mousy looking I don't think. Oh well.

No comments: