Friday, December 5, 2008

Dreams...dreams...dreams...

So I have been putting off this blog for awhile because I didn't think that I had any dreams that really pertained to children's literature. So I decided alright I need to stop trying to find a connection and just blog about a dream and maybe the connection will come to me when I see it in type. So there I was, ya know, dreaming...

I was all by myself in my old high school library, but it wasn't the library that I was used to from growing up. There was a fashion show going on but all the people there were yelling out numbers when they got to the end of the runway. I decided to leave that place stat, it was not for me. So I walked outside the library and I was outside of my old flat in London waiting for the boys that I lived with to come home from school so they could let me into the place since I forgot my key. I was really mad because it had rained and washed out the drawings that I had drawn on the side of the building. The boys came home and let me in but it wasn't the flat the I lived in, but it was still mine. Weird. It was on of our friend's birthdays so we were getting ready for his surprise birthday party, but when I was putting up the streamers the fire alarm went off. Then I woke up....

So its not really even a particularly cool dream or anything but it was nice to dream about London again in a round about way. Its always so weird that when you dream about something so familiar it isn't quite the same in your dreams. Things always fade away and melt into other things that are from your life but never quite the same. Its odd.

No comments: