Monday, December 8, 2008

Spell Check...


I was just posting a blog about Lewis Carroll and Alice in Wonderland when I noticed something, and I thought it was worth blogging about separately. I was blogging about Tweedledee and Tweedledum and I was typing sorta fast and I got caught up on the word Tweedledee. The red dotted line showed up underneath my misspelled word. I went to go fix it, when I had spelled it correctly I noticed there was no dotted red line. Spell check recognized this word along with Tweedledum. These words have become so common in our language that even modern technology recognizes them. I just thought it was a fun little discovery, Lewis Carroll has even penetrated a form of technology that he had no idea about. His words are proving to last longer and be more popular than I am sure he could have ever imagined.
Words like Jabberwock though do acquire the red dotted line proving that some of Carroll's story have been more popular around the greater populous.

No comments: